New Markets Tax Credits
Weave Social Finance, LLC provides advisory and investment banking services for businesses seeking New Market Tax Credit financing and other sources of capital that seek financial returns alongside social and environmental impacts. We have over 10 years of experience with the NMTC program. Ed Briscoe has participated in dozens of NMTC transactions and has represented investors, Community Development Entities, and borrowers. Ed also served as an application reviewer for the CDFI Fund. Weave is committed to work with our clients throughout the full compliance period of their NMTC transactions. Our goal is to allow our clients to focus on their business while we manage the complexities and execute on the details of the NMTC transaction process.
Weave will provide the following NMTC related services as needed to facilitate funding:
- Structure a transaction that works within context of the business, the rules of the program, and the expectations of Community Development Entities (“CDE”) and tax credit investors.
- Prepare a “teaser” and underwriting packages targeting NMTC investors.
- Target CDEs that would be the best fit for the business.
- Complete all required intake forms for review by CDEs.
- Review and advice on any term sheets received.
- Host potential investors on site visits.
- Arrange experienced legal counsel and accountants as needed.
- Manage the closing process and provide advice on all documentation negotiations.
- Post-closing – aid the organization with any required reporting for the period of the financing.
Impact Investment Portfolio Management
Weave supports active impact investors in the management of their existing portfolios to free up time and provide insight to continue to expand their impact investment activity. We organize, manage paperwork, track financial and impact performance, and prepare needed documentation to deepen and expand the impact of investors.
Impact Investment Advisory
Based on over 20 years of experience at the intersection of social and environmental impact and investments, Weave provides advisory services for the structuring, partnership development, underwriting, impact evaluation, monitoring, and reporting for impact investments, social impact bonds, PRIs and MRIs, and other mission focused capital.
Social Enterprise Financial Advisory and Investment Banking Services
Weave provides financial advisory and investment banking services to early stage social enterprises. We help companies navigate the various options for funding available to social enterprise ranging from grants to loans to angel investments. We work to prepare companies for new rounds of funding and new phases of growth in support of their mission.